Your bedroom is perhaps the most personal space in your home; it’s where you relax, and really unwind. It’s often the last room to be decorated, but it’s really the most important room in your home. Your bedroom is the place to really let your personality shine. So what’s your personal style? What kind of bedroom makes you feel like kicking your feet up and relaxing?
If you prefer a bedroom that’s a soothing oasis of calm:
- Keep colors light and not too bright. Crisp whites work in small spaces that suffer from a lack of natural light. In naturally bright rooms, try super soft creams, yellows, blues or greens.
- On the bed, opt for a simple, solid color duvet or spread in pale neutrals, or even white.
- Choose tone-on-tone accent pillows in a textured weave or pattern to create interest.
- Break up all that pale with natural or distressed painted wood surfaces.
- Indulge yourself in a super soft shag area rug for an uber-cozy feel.
Or you could turn up the drama with a bedroom that’s full of bold styles:
- Go for color, embrace pure white walls, or even go for a dark color like black, charcoal or navy. Dark colors are terrific in rooms with lots of windows, but they can also make smaller, less well lit rooms feel cozy instead of cramped.
- On the bed, try a duvet cover in a rich charcoal color, or the opposite direction with pure, crisp white.
- Layer on the drama with a few carefully selected accent pillows in bold colors and designs. Go for a few oversize pillows rather than a big pile of smaller ones.
- Bring in some big, bold accent pieces like oversize vases or a big floor mirror.
- Embrace the color with a recycled cotton area rug in a vivid weave.
Getting a new look for your bedroom can be as simple. A few easy changes is all it takes to create a wonderful new look.
- Update your bedding—your bed is the biggest thing in your bedroom, make it the star with stunning new linens.
- Update your lighting—new lamps can make it feel like a whole new room!
- Add candles—no matter what your style, candles make any bedroom feel special.
- Repaint—it gives your room a fresh new look, instantly.
- Declutter—messes make it hard to relax.