Want a fast, easy way to add color and flair to any room? Update the accent pillows. Express your personal style, update your décor for the changing season, or create a fresh new look just by adding, or changing, the pillows.
Pillows can be used in small doses, to add a single pop of color or texture, or they can be layered on for cozy appeal. Aim for a blend of colors and textures to make a personal statement, but don’t pile on so many pillows your guests have no place to sit.
- A couple of colorful pillows creates more drama than an entire pile of neutral ones.
- Look at your color palette, then turn to the color wheel as a guide. For high drama, choose contrasting, or complementary colors. To keep things more soothing, stick to analogous colors.
- You can place larger pillows around a coffee table or fireplace to invite floor lounging.
Warm up your space
A mix of warm, spicy color and touchable textures makes this pillow assortment work.
- Organic Cotton ZigZag Pillow Ivory with Tangerine
- Organic Cotton Ridgeline Dhurrie Mulberry with Sunwashed Tangerine Pillow
- Pinwheel Applique Charcoal with Terra Cotta Pillow
- Pebbles Organic Pillow Orange
Subtle colors in bold designs create a warm, welcoming look with these pillows.
- Color Splash Pillow
- Chevron Stack Pillow in Indigo
- Overlap Crewel Pewter and Mid Mustard Pillow
- Endless Embroidered Deep Slate with White Pillow
Keeping it cool
For those who prefer cooler tones, grays and blues combine with mixed textures for an interesting look.