The green movement has become so common place, so mainstream that sometimes we fail to stop and think about why we go green. It’s just the thing we do. In truth, the reasons are endless – from protecting yourself and your family from harmful additives, chemicals and preservatives to preserving the planet and environment for future generations, or even just a love of animals or nature. Whatever the reasons, everything we do has an impact on our world; we don’t like to get preachy, but sometimes it’s important to remember why we think real sustainability is so important. It’s also why we believe in small steps – even little things can have big impact. Continue reading
It’s Earth Day! And we’re celebrating!
Earth Day is extra special to us because it’s our anniversary! To celebrate, we gave away a pair Adirondack Chairs and matching Ottomans, it’s on our Facebook page, check it out! Then go take a look at what else is new and cool around here.
Since the first Earth Day was held in 1970, it’s gone from a nationwide petition to put environmental issues on the political agenda into a globally celebrated annual event to raise awareness and participation in environmental causes. How can you be part of the Billion Acts of Green? We’ve got some ideas, and they’re simple!
- Plant a tree – in your yard, or as part of a community restoration project. It’s fun and good for the planet!
- Attract wildlife – plant flowers that attract butterflies and birds, use beneficial bugs instead of pesticides to make a healthier garden and put out hummingbird feeders and seed feeders.
- Step up your recycling – visit a local recycling center and find out what you can do to improve your recycling prowess.
- Switch to CFL bulbs, and if you’ve already done that, consider LED bulbs. Both burn cooloer, longer and with less energy use than incandescents.
- Plant a veggie garden – it’s the perfect time to get growing. Consider raised beds, containers or even a rooftop garden if you lack yard space.
- Compost – if you’ve got any yard at all, you’ll cherish the end result, and even if you don’t, many community garden centers will happily take it off your hands. And it keeps food scraps out of the landfills!
- Carry a trash bag – any time you go to a local park, beach or outdoor space, bring along a small trash bag and pick up whatever you can. Litter detracts from the natural beauty and it’s bad for the environment and wildlife.
- Lend a hand – look around for a local group that’s doing something positive and get involved. Help clean up a stream, plant some trees, work in a garden center, volunteer at a shelter, whatever sounds awesome to you.
- Go meatless – take the Meatless Monday challenge, and take steps to transform the rest of your week into healthy, organic, locally-grown meals as much as possible. You’ll be surprised at how much better seasonal tastes!
Earth Day is extra special to us at bambeco! See, the company was launched on Earth Day 2009, so we have double the reason to celebrate!
Have you seen our new Faces of Bambeco feature? Some of our staff members have been sharing their favorite bambeco products, and why they love them so much! Make sure to check it out.
And of course, we’ve been running a spectacular sweepstakes! We’re giving away a pair of Adirondack Chairs with matching Ottomans to one lucky winner. Have you entered yet? Enter here (and you can enter every day!) and we’ll be announcing the winner on Earth Day!
Oh but wait, there’s more! It’s our anniversary, but we’re giving our fans and customers the gift. Starting today, and going all the way through Monday, you can get 20% off outdoor decor, bed and bath, and kitchen and entertaining items at bambeco. How? Just enter the promo code EARTHDAY13 at check out.
Of course, take a look at the Earth Day site for more information about how you can be a part of this spectacular day to celebrate our planet and join the Billion Acts of Green!
It’s April and that means Earth Month here at bambeco, and we’re so excited! It also means the one year anniversary of Inspired Habitat! Wow, time sure flies…
This month, we’ve got some pretty awesome stuff planned. Be sure to sign up for our regular email (you can find the link on the bottom of our home page) to get weekly updates and sale notices. This month, we’re also doing a series of emails all about our green materials. Don’t worry, we won’t bombard you, and we take your privacy very seriously.
We’re also starting up a new feature called Faces of Bambeco. You’ll get to meet some of our team members and hear about their favorite bambeco products and what makes them so green. We’ll feature them right here on our blog, and you might even see them on Facebook and our homepage.
What else has us excited? The sweepstakes!
Spring has sprung, warm weather is coming and we were all bursting at the seams, ready to get outside and have some fun in the sun! And since we love our fans so much, we wanted to share the excitement.
We’re giving away a pair of our really cool, sustainable Adirondack Chairs with matching ottomans!
Get all the details here. The drawing will be on Earth Day, that’s April 22.
Christmas is behind us (barely) and we’re gearing up for New Year’s Eve; we’re not ready to reveal our New Year’s Resolutions just yet (that’s next week, of course!) But we wanted to look ahead just a little and offer up some ideas for a clean, green 2013! And since emerald green is the Pantone Color of the Year, what better time?
We wanted to do something different than the usual list of quick, eas Continue reading